Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
Distributed Storage System Test & Automation Engineer Intern
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. is a world leader in Memory and Storage technologies. We are currently looking for Data Analytics Engineer (Intern) to join our team in San Jose, CA. The Automation Engineer Intern will contribute to memory and storage system research in the Memory Solutions Lab. He or she will join a team of experts in researching and developing innovative memory and storage system solutions that utilize existing and emerging technologies to add substantial value to storage systems. The ideal candidate must have a strong understanding of storage technologies including file systems, Linux I/O Stack, Linux performance profiling and computer architecture.
- Understand NVMe over Fabrics protocols, Distributed Storage Architectures, and Storage Media devices including SSDs
- Understand leading edge distributed, clustered storage system architecture and define the test architecture and test plans
- Verify and validate system software features, functionality and performance aspects
- Develop detailed test plans and test cases
- Define and develop automation requirements and automation software design
- Identify tools and other methods to accelerate and the development of the automation solutions
- Develop tools required for the automations
- Contribute to debug and root cause issues and other anomalies found during testing
- Pursuing an BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, with focus on data modeling and data science.
- Strong background in computer system architecture, storage systems architecture and network related areas
- Good knowledge of popular storage test tools and methodologies
- Experience in deploying and debugging complex issues
- Prior experience with storage performance analysis and optimization will be a big plus.
- Track record of innovation and creativity in problem solving.
- Must be highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong background in C/C++/Python/Bash programming languages
- Comfortable working in a multinational environment and understands how to leverage cultural diversity.
- Inherent technical curiosity