The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies. T he Jacobs Chicago office provides the planning, design and implementation of numerous transportation related infrastructure and building projects.
The Civil Engineering Intern at Jacobs provide engineering students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in their specific area of study. Intern will work alongside world-class professionals in a fast-paced, professional setting which provides interns invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment. This part-time position is intended for candidates that can work a minim of 16 hour per week during the Spring 2020 Semester (Jan – mid-May). The internship position will end on May 15, 2020.
Candidate would be exposed to tasks other civil disciplines including roadway design, structural engineering, transportation planning, and aviation.
Typical work tasks include:
· Perform calculations and evaluations in the design of solutions and systems for public infrastructure applications.
· Develop plans, specifications, cost estimates and schedules for use during construction.
· Use of computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
· Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
· Assist in the design of fiber optic and wireless communications systems and associated network diagrams
· Maintains effective communication with project team members across disciplines and with the customer through all phases of project execution.
· Plan Development
· Previous internship or co-op related experience with Jacobs required.
· Candidate must be currently enrolled in at least their junior year working towards a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field,
· Knowledge of AutoCAD or MicroStation required Working knowledge of Word and Excel is required
· Excellent oral and written communications skills,
· Ability to work in thrive in a team environment,
· Experience with IL DOT, IL Tollway, Chicago DOT, INDOT, preferred,
· Valid driver’s license
· Strong oral and written communications skills#BIA