2020 Summer Internship - Marketing Intern
During the assignment, the intern will have the opportunity to work with members of the Marketing Department to gain a working knowledge of processes and the overall business operations of a Marketing Department in a mutual savings bank. Throughout the internship, the intern will participate in Salem Five events and contribute to specific projects in progress.
This eleven week Internship will start on Tuesday, May 26, 2020 and end on Friday, August 07, 2020. Applicants must be completing their sophomore or junior year of a four year degree program in 2020 in order to qualify for this internship.
The intern will meet with Onboarding/Benefits Assistant for orientation to the company. The intern will meet with the Chief Marketing Officer and with the Marketing Manager – Customer Data & Analytics, who will present the intern with the Week 1 schedule. The intern will report to the Marketing Manager – Customer Data & Analytics throughout the internship program. A lunch will be scheduled and introductions to other team members will be made.
Duration of Program
The intern will be involved with several initiatives over the duration of the program. What follows summarizes the principle activities. (Examples may include the following):
- Daily Work: A broad range of activities across the marketing and communications discipline. No two days will be the same in terms of the workload, as the marketing group enjoys a dynamic and continually evolving slate of responsibilities.
- Projects/Assignments: There will be a focus on digital marketing work, including paid and organic social media, SEO/PPC, marketing analytics, marketing design and email marketing. There will be exposure to Customer and Market Data, Research, and the ability to assist with analysis. There will be the opportunity to help coordinate events and projects for different business lines. Perhaps most exciting, is the opportunity to assist with the internal and external plans and preparations for ongoing product and brand development projects that include significant investment in both new and traditional media.
- Development Activities/Training: The intern will learn social media administration platforms and techniques and will leverage the bank’s CRM (Microsoft Dynamics), email marketing tool (Marketo), as well as other BI software to examine customer relationships, product usage and behaviors. In partnership with the Creative Director, the intern will also be exposed to design elements of bank marketing, leveraging Adobe creative suite. Additionally, he or she will learn to use a company store portal for management of branded inventory, as well as a company intranet site for communicating and sharing resources with the broader organization.
The intern will be involved with several company events including the Cancer Walk, Company Outing and bank branch Grand Openings, several community sponsorships such at the Salem Jazz and Soul Festival and local Farmers Markets.
Intern Professional Development Opportunities
During the internship period, the intern will have the opportunity:
- To liaise with different members of the organization and understand the business from a practitioner’s perspective.
- To develop job related skills.
- To participate in industry meetings or events.
Manager: AVP/Marketing Manager – Customer Data & Analytics
Mentors: SVP/Chief Marketing Officer
With a rich history and a strong reputation for growth, service and innovation, Salem Five offers employees a sense of stability and pride. Qualified candidates may submit a resume and application online at salemfive.com/careers or mail your resume to Human Resources, 210 Essex Street, Salem, MA 01970.