Criterium Engineers is one of North America’s leading consulting engineering firms. Since 1957, we have provided our clients with the most complete building-related inspection services available throughout the US and Canada. For over 60 years, we have helped our clients better understand the buildings in which they live and work!
Criterium specializes in existing buildings and new construction-related services, including inspection, diagnostics, maintenance planning, construction monitoring, and problem solving. Some of our target clients include Property Managers, Commercial Brokers, Homeowner Associations, Home Buyers and Owners, Insurance Firms, Building Developers, Contractors, and Architects.
Criterium Engineers 2020 Sales and Marketing Internship opportunity will offer current college students the unique opportunity to gain real-world experience. The internship will be highlighted by learning opportunities provided by senior leadership and experience with a rapidly changing and growing company. Reporting to the VP of Client Development, we are seeking a self-motivated intern who will be a key contributor in our ever growing Sales and Marketing efforts. The person filling this position will have an opportunity to make a significant impact while gaining terrific, hands-on Sales and Marketing experience in a variety of areas. We are looking for someone who possesses excellent communication and analytical skills and is ready to contribute to a variety of programs at any given time. The ideal candidate is results driven and highly organized with excellent business acumen, strong communication and presentation skills, and a client-focused approach.
· Continue to build and validate our extensive customer and prospect database.
· Research customers and work closely with the sales team to analyze best ways to market Criterium Engineers to prospective clients.
· Assist in developing and executing marketing and sales plans to acquire new clients, including identifying the most attractive prospects and cultivating relationships.
· Initiate and respond to client requests for information and requests for proposals, including understanding client requirements and communicating them to office staff and engineers.
· Establish and maintain sufficient knowledge of Criterium Engineers’ products and services and help identify potential new product and service offerings.
· Provide regular progress reports including sales pipelines and key sales metrics.
· Assist with content for social media posts and e-newsletter creation/distribution.
· Assist with website content creation.
· Assist with monitoring digital marketing metrics and monthly report creation.
· Responding to marketing queries via phone, email or social media.
· Other duties as assigned my supervisor
· Junior- or senior-level college undergraduate with a marketing, communications or business major preferred.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to ramp up quickly on technology that may be unfamiliar such as customer relationship management (CRM) solutions and marketing automation systems.
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
· A strong self-starter capable of building and maintaining client and internal relationships
· Highly organized, disciplined, adaptable and flexible
· Comfort navigating stressful situations and balancing multiple streams of work
· This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience and insight as to how the marketing and sales process is executed in the Business to Business marketplace with other companies of all sizes.
Please specify which internship you are interested in:
- Spring 2020 Internship (Jan. – May)
- Summer 2020 Internship (May – Sept.)
- Fall 2020 Internship (Sept. – Dec.)
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- College Degree Program: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Freeport, ME (Required)
- English (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Applicants must be current junior-level students in a bachelors degree program in Business, Marketing or Communications. How has your current college degree program in Business, Marketing or Communications prepared you for this internship?
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Monday to Friday