Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing FinTech company that provides accessible and simple-to-understand lending products for middle-income consumers with five-star customer service. We’re growing fast with profitable returns, and new employees can make an immediate impact.
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
The Marketing Analytics team sits within Marketing Acquisition, a team that has been instrumental in growing top-of-funnel volume triple-digits over the last two years. We partner with marketing channel managers to expand channels and improve customer experience through Conversion Rate Optimization to maximize revenue for the business. These things can only be accomplished with the help of a team of analytically capable players who are both business-minded and data-savvy.
Last summer, interns tackled the following projects:
- Built out an anomaly detection system to identify unseen breaks in our business funnel.
- Leveraged ClickTale (digital experience tool) to understand how users are interacting with parts of our website; identified pain points and presented opportunities to optimize.
- Use real-time data to understand if something is broken in our funnel and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Work with our primary BI tool (Periscope) to visualize crucial analysis and present findings to team members.
- Use our web analytics platforms to track and improve user experience across our website (Heap, ClickTale).
- Support multiple channel managers by bringing next-level insight to help guide their campaign strategies.
We're seeking passionate, innovative problem solvers with a desire to have a real impact. Candidates must graduate in 2021 with a Bachelor's or Master's degree. Please note, we will only consider candidates who will be in the Chicago area for summer break.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Moderate-to-strong experience working with SQL.
- R/Python (preferred but not required).
- Ability to break down problems and present findings clearly and concisely.
- Understand the KPI’s we manage the business to and what levers we can pull to impact them.
- Ability to think about ways to improve the conversion funnel and improve the customer experience.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers Love Our Product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
Compensation and Benefits
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee, because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status. Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access. We offer a great compensation and benefits package for full-time employees to support you at work and outside of work as you grow your career with us. These include a free gym membership, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks available, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.