Northstar California Resort
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Non-Certified Snowboard Instructor Full and Part-time
The Instructor will provide quality snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all Colorado Skier Safety Act rules/regulations and Company guidelines. As an entry level snowboard instructor, your duties will be split between, training, instructing and support duties.
Support duties are as followed;
- Setting up, maintaining and breaking down the Big Easy teaching areas
- The professional look and feel of the Northstar ski and snowboard school teaching area.
- Special event zones can also be overseen e.g. mini terrain parks and pond skim zones etc.
- Big Easy teaching area animation and safety set up
- Magic carpet operation and assistance
- Guest services
- Safe use of snow shovels and snow drills
- Other duties as assigned
In this role, team members will have the ability to access the Northstar ski and snowboard instructor training program. This is a teaching role for those who are interested in training to become an instructor. Training is free and if PSIA or AASI exams are passed successfully, the exam fees will be reimbursed.
- Must be willing to teach all lessons assigned.
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude environments.
- Clearly and accurately instructing snowboarding skills to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate snowboarding skill level
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Clearly communicating instructions and helping guests.
- Provide a safe and fun learning environment through exceptional class handling and creativity using our teaching handbook as a guide.
- Supervising children in lessons at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Ride programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source or lesson meeting place, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Attend morning meetings/be responsible for morning meeting information and assist with guest introductions.
- Must be able to discuss the lesson content and evaluate the progress of the lesson with the guest.
- Must have high level of guest service skills and experience.
- Assist with boot/equipment fitting, sales lobby greeting and other tasks assigned by Manager/Supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent Education - required.
- Attend Ski and Ride training sessions - required.
- Basic internet navigation - required.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written) - required.
- Must successfully complete the Background Check - required.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment - required.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring - preferred.
- Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience - preferred.
- Knowledge of local area/resort - preferred.
- Free Epic passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski and ride lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 178051