The Jr. Software Development Engineer is responsible for developing and supporting Web applications, API and Web services.
- Responsible for software development, testing, implementation, and maintenance
- Develops and enhances product offerings in accordance with design and consistent with business objectives
- Ensures that development tasks are completed within timeline provided and that issues are fully tested with minimal defects
- Ensures that solutions being developed are effective and take into consideration performance implications for a production environment
- Provides detailed estimates for development efforts as needed
- Reviews and understands business requirements
- Assists with production support issues as they arise
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical related field.
- Experience with web application development, UNIX/LINUX environments and scripting, and/or distributed systems
- Experience with SQL
- Understanding of iterative development techniques, TDD, Agile/Scrum.
- Assembly, deployment, troubleshooting, and monitoring of J2EE applications
- Working knowledge of HTML5, CSS, Spring Boot, ReactJS, Bootstrap, Angular
- Experience in performance tuning and profiling production application through code and database improvements
- Experience using a Source Configuration Management tool such as SVN, Mercurial, Ant/Maven/Gradle, Git