Summit Health Management
The Marketing Department Intern, Community Outreach & Public Relations is a self-motivated, enthusiastic student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in marketing, communications, public relations and journalism. The ideal candidate has taken some courses in communications and marketing and is eager to engage in a variety of projects and assignments to gain broad exposure in the field. The successful candidate has a strong desire to learn and will be comfortable taking on administrative tasks as well as leading small projects under the direction of department staff.
- Assist in marketing communications and community outreach activities (e.g. social media and traditional media monitoring, web and event listings updates, registration monitoring, event planning and staffing, etc.)
- Assist in refining provider presentations for community outreach/special events
- Develop engaging content for a variety of communications channels
- Design flyers, graphics, evites and other marketing materials
- Assist with mailings and collateral distribution - flyers, posters, brochures, etc.
- Assist with community outreach/events (including attendance)
- Provide administrative support for results reporting (clip report, event attendance surveys)
- Reach out to community organizations and the general public with the SMG messages
- Assist PR Director with media relations/press release writing on a project basis
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
Skills and Requirements:
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- An effective communicator, both written and oral; able to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Experience with content creation
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired.
- Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality required