Leidos has a job opening for an Junior DevOps Engineer in Dayton, OH.
Leidos is rated in LinkedIn's top 40, and is rapidly climbing the Fortune 500. Unlike many companies in the defense industry, we offer challenging and meaningful problems, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
We are seeking talented Junior DevOps Engineers to mentor as they help our team implement and automate the build, release, monitoring, testing, and deployment of our live streaming video applications and services, which are in active use by our global customers. This opportunity is located in Dayton, OH.
- Responsible for bridging the gap between development, operations, and infrasstructure.
- Develop, test, and maintain build and deployment scripts in CI/CD framework/tools to automate and streamline deployment processes.
- Assist in automation, continuous deployment, build, and software configuration management efforts.
- Actively participate in development team Scrum to drive quality releases.
- Perform root cause analysis for errors on development and production systems.
- Research, suggest, and apply new promising technologies, strategies, and ways to solve technical issues.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in a technical field of study.
- 2 or more years of software development experience in C, C++, and/or Java.
- 2 or more years of experience using Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Familiarity with common source code management tools such as Git and SVN.
- Previous experience automating software build and deployment processes.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Able to obtain a DoD Security Clearance.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies and Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with Foreman or similar provisioning management tool.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Familiarity with VMware and KVM hypervisors.
- Familiarity with various software test tools such as TestComplete, Selenium, JUnit, and SoapUI.
- System administration experience on Linux/Unix (including scripting) and Windows.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.