CO-OP Financial Services
WHAT YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO
- Become an expert in of all CO-OP products and technology solutions as well as infrastructure including but not limited to ATM/Debit Processing, Fraud and Analytic tools, Shared Branching, Call Center Support, Digital, Credit Processing and add on services.
- Accompany Regional Sales Managers or Client Business Executives to client meetings.
- Gather and maintain competitive intelligence, and use this knowledge to educate both clients and co-workers on where CO-OP products fit into the competitive spectrum.
- Evaluate and understand market changes and significant events and report to CO-OP Financial Services management.
- Conduct periodic presentations and/or trainings as needed or required both internally and externally.
- Participate in various meetings, conferences, and presentations as assigned and provide support when requested for preparation, review and/or delivery of formal presentations.
- Learn to navigate the competitive landscape and to understand and articulate the CO-OP value proposition.
- Provide market Intel and feedback to the membership, product and marketing teams and business partners regarding evolving client needs and product direction/strategy.
- Must proactively take ownership and execute essential tasks in support of the Sales Team as well as be responsive and supportive of change.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- 12 completed semester hours at college or university.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Previous sales internship and/or related work experience highly preferred.
- Must exhibit independent critical thinking skills and possess the ability to proactively anticipate and problem solve.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal reasoning skills and possess excellent communication abilities – both written and verbal.
- Must demonstrate drive, initiative and commitment in supporting attainment of sales revenue goals and objectives.
- Must be a successful individual contributor as well as an effective team member.
- Strong time management skills.
- Some local travel may be involved.
WHY JOIN CO-OP?
- Paid internship that includes 401K with generous company match.
- The opportunity to join a nationwide, fast-growing organization.
- Gain real world experience working on projects alongside full-time employees as well as other interns.
- Learn about the financial technology industry and how your work will impact credit union members across the country.
- Connect with other interns through learning opportunities and other fun events.
- Explore your interests and potential career path with job shadow options.
- Gain skills and experience that will make you a highly marketable candidate in the future.
- Regular touchpoints with internship coordinators to discuss progress, goals, and future career.
- Eligible interns will be considered for full-time positions at various CO-OP locations.