Fidelity & Guaranty Life
FGL Holdings—the F&G family of insurance companies—is committed to helping Americans prepare for and live comfortably in their retirement. Through its subsidiaries, F&G is a leading provider of annuity and life insurance products. For nearly 60 years, we have offered annuity and life insurance products to those who are seeking safety, protection and income solutions to meet their needs.
At F&G, we believe our culture is what makes our company great. In 2018, we received a Top Workplace award, which we credit to our employees' shared cultural values: Collaborative, Authentic, Dynamic and Empowered. We believe that by embracing these values, we will continue to build and strengthen the company, while being a great place to work.
We recruit talented and committed individuals to join our team, and we provide opportunities for personal and professional growth.
If you are looking for real, applicable experience that will supplement your degree, F&G is hiring a communications intern. The communications intern will assist a small but nimble B2B marketing team responsible for bringing the F&G brand to life and supporting the strategic growth goals of the business.
This intern will report to the Marketing Writer at our Des Moines, Iowa office location.
Duties and Responsibilities
The F&G Communications Intern will learn to:
- Create content for social media that aligns with our social media strategy and goals, while remaining on-brand
- Use HubSpot’s Marketing Software to manage and automate marketing tactics, including email, social media and more
- Write for internal company communications
- Update collateral to match the F&G brand style guide, as part of the rebranding efforts
- Create new product launch communications and collateral
- Maintain database to help track documents needing rebranded
Experience and Education Requirements
- Marketing, communications, English or related degree path
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Preferred: Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Outlook
Skills and Abilities
A qualified candidate will have:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A detail-oriented approach to all projects, especially in regards to brand style
- The ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects individually and as part of a team
- Effective organization skills
- The desire to collaborate across all disciplines
Physical Demands and Work
- Work environment will be fast-paced and deadline-oriented so individual must be able to handle multiple projects with multiple players from a variety of locations at any given time
- Heavy computer use and sitting for long periods of time