You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries and research organizations in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
We are seeking a Software Developer Intern for our summer internship program. Dates for the internship will be from May 11,2020 thru May 2021 , working full time during the summer hours, part-time during the school year. This role will perform software development tasks commensurate with skills and experience. Intern will be a part of an experienced team of software developers who will work with the developers to:
- Develop software utilities, test tools, and customer activity reports.
- Create, Modify, and enhance existing software.
- Focus on the full development process of requirements, design, code, code reviews, test, and implementation, working with developers throughout the entire process.
- Degree-seeking college student enrolled as Junior or Senior (Freshman or Sophomore acceptable with prior equivalent experience) pursuing major in Computer Science or related degree.
- Completion of first-level engineering courses.
- Good familiarity with a programming language such as Java or C or C++, preference in Java.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Excellent customer and team-interaction skills
If you’re a student looking to gain or refine skills in:
- Service and System design
- Object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Developing software in Java and/or Groovy
- Participating in Agile Software Development
- Developing software in a team-oriented environment
- Learning the Software development life cycle
This unique opportunity will help you build essential skills and gain experience for the future.
Then, come join our team!