Library Foundation of Los Angeles
Interns will work closely with our Communications team to support the Foundation’s internal and external strategic vision through brand awareness, media outreach, storytelling, relationship building and brand advocacy. An ideal candidate can communicate their ideas clearly and has excellent time management and organizational skills, is proficient on both Mac and PC platforms, and is familiar with WordPress. We will train an enthusiastic candidate.
Our interns should commit to a minimum of 3 months and work 12 hours per week. Although our internships are unpaid, interns gain an insightful look into public relations and digital marketing. Our interns receive unparalleled real world experience and exclusive access to nonprofit industry professionals. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with internal departments to update communications calendar
- Create social media content
- Organize digital storage systems
- Digitize press clippings
- Assist with a select number of evening events
- Clean and maintain email lists
- Work with our ALOUD team to curate archival materials, primarily audio and video recordings
What We Offer
- Invaluable first hand communications experience
- References/Letters of Recommendation after intern has completed program for a minimum of 3 months
- Young Literati Friend Membership for 1 year upon completion of your internship
- Paid parking and reimbursement of commute mileage, metro pass or bus pass
Our Proven Track Record
- Since 2012, 70 interns have successfully completed our program.
- Our interns are highly sought after and now work at Windes, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, Deloitte, City of LA, etc.
Please submit your cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour