Intern Program Overview
Serco’s Training and Experience Program (STEP) is designed to provide college students an internship opportunity to gain meaningful, hands-on work experience in a professional environment. STEP emphasizes developing the next generation’s workforce. Our goal is to build a roadmap that leads you to a long, rewarding and challenging career with Serco. We will work with you to determine your desired career path and the correct steps to get you to your goals.
Outside of gaining hands-on experience, you will attend training sessions taught by skilled leaders in our company. These training sessions range from finance, personality in the workplace, presentation skills, resume building, and more. In addition, Serco emphasizes being environmentally friendly and making a positive difference in the community. We challenge our interns to develop and execute on at least one group initiative that will benefit the office and/or local community. Projects in the past have included a park cleanup and a recycling drive.
This internship spans over 12 weeks—11 weeks worked with 1 week off for Fourth of July and half days on Fridays. You will work with your mentor to identify the best times for you to come in and leave work. You will work no more than an average of 36 hours a week.
The Communications team is seeking a highly motivated and creative student to support their internal and external communications strategies. You will gain experience with researching, developing and executing communications plans. Writing and editing internal communications such as newsletters, videos, emails/memos. You will also be tasked with developing and leading the social media strategy for the intern program and initiatives. In addition, you will be asked to develop a social media strategy to increase our brand in the digital world. Your strategy will be presented to several members of Serco’s executive team. During your Internship, you will gain exposure to a wide range of teams within the Serco organization as well as exposure with the entire Communications team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing Communications Plans
- Creating Internal Communications
- Leading Intern related communications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or 4-year degree at an accredited university
- Ideal candidates will be rising juniors or rising seniors
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Business or related field of study
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a strong work initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines and project plans
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus!