The Sales Internship Program is designed to develop the skills of future leaders in a sales environment. The Sales Intern will gain exposure to the tools, thought processes, and support systems required to design and implement new strategies within Lippert Components (LCI).
Reasonable accommodations are possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform administrative tasks for the sales team.
- Perform market research of current product trends in the industry
- Shadow inside and outside sales team
- Work directly with distributors and dealers to sell & promote specific products of LCI.
- Master learning modules that build a foundation for leadership within LCI
- Establish short-term and long-term program goals and expectations
- Perform maintenance and service tasks for customers in an assigned territory
- Provide support for customer and technical service
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in Excel and database administration
- Ability to effectively respond to and interact with all levels of LCI team members
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- High-energy and positive attitude towards personal and leadership growth
- Flexible and innovative in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and time-critical industry
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and team members both verbally and written.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities upon hiring; however, potential direct reports are a possibility.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation are possible to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The team member must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, and the expected work hours are less than 20 hours per week, schedule is dependent upon the student’s class schedule.
Local travels are expected for this role. Examples of travel include attend shows/industry events, visit Distributors and Dealers to present and discuss the Company’s product line.
Required Education and Experience
Graduating Senior status or Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas is preferred:
- Business Administration: Sales, Operations, Business
- Supply Chain: Purchasing Supply Chain Logistics, Operations, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or related field of study
- Possess a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Strong presentation/public speaking skills.
- High attention to detail with a self-starter mentality
- Energetic, aggressive, self-motivated
- Willing to travel
- Proven business developer with a track record of continued sales growth
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
No further eligibility qualifications for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be able to pass EVerify.
LCI provides equal employment opportunity to all team members and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected category
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.