Maryland CASA Association
Maryland CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) for Children, a statewide nonprofit organization based in Towson, MD, is seeking an unpaid intern for the Spring 2020 semester. Depending on the skills, interests and knowledge of the intern, responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in development, implementation, evaluation and revision of PR/Communications plan to promote awareness of CASA throughout the state;
- Assisting in the development of marketing and public awareness materials;
- Updating and creating content for Maryland CASA website, newsletters and other communications strategies;
- Creating content and scheduling posts on social media platforms;
- Maintaining updated press list; cultivating relationships with media to encourage printing/airing of public service announcements, coverage of CASA events, etc.
- Writing and submitting press releases, public service announcements, and other related materials to media in order to generate interest in CASA;
- Assisting in identifying and developing stories to promote awareness of CASA.
Preferred qualifications: Junior or Senior Communications/PR/Marketing major with relevant coursework and previous work, volunteer or internship experience.
Excellent opportunity to put your education and skills into practice with a small nonprofit organization that recruits and trains volunteers to serve as advocates for children in foster care due to abuse and neglect.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /year
- Communications: 1 year (Preferred)
- Public Relations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- Why are you interested in this internship and what types of activities to hope to be doing?
- One location