Lumentum Operations LLC
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Lumentum (NASDAQ: LITE) is a market-leading manufacturer of innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s optical components and subsystems are part of virtually every type of telecom, enterprise, and data center network. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities. Lumentum is headquartered in San Jose, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com .
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in writing creative internal communications including weekly newsletters, corporate articles, executive communications, and event-driven announcements
- Write and proofread online product descriptions, content and copy, maintaining the highest level of quality
- Update and maintain Lumentum’s social media presence including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Glassdoor
- Identify current or emerging trends, themes, and best practices in social media
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas and directions for marketing and communications
- Analyze media coverage across print, broadcast and online resources
- Modify campaigns and communication to improve effectiveness, report through data analytics
- Work effectively and proactively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives
- Qualified candidates will be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or a related major. Students must be returning to school following the internship.
- A rising junior or senior or a Master's student
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage deadlines accordingly
- Ability to accept feedback and be receptive of others' opinions
- Strong computer skills, with working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication (both written and verbal) skills with the ability to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of management