General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting summer internship opportunity for an undergraduate studying an engineering related major to intern in Adelanto, CA.
This position is available for undergraduate or graduate students to participate in supervised practical training in a professional field. Assists in the completion of non-routine and advanced tasks; assists in the analysis, investigation and solution of non-routine problems; and assists in developing electronic and hard copy documentation as required.
- Under limited supervision, working on non-routine projects with general instruction and advanced projects with detailed instructions.
- Participates in the day to day activities of Structural Test assisting in the completion of non-routine and advanced tasks.
- Assists in applying knowledge to analyze, investigate and resolve non-routine problems related to testing and analysis of composite materials and parts.
- Assists in developing electronic and hard copy reports, records, diagrams and charts.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Typically requires enrollment as an undergraduate student at a recognized college or university to participate in supervised practical training in a professional field.
- US Citizenship
- The ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately
- The ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective interface with internal professionals
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Basic computer skills
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? No