At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world's largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine's Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
Are you curious by nature and passionate about data, analytics, and digital marketing? We are looking for a rock-star data analyst intern, who will offer analysis and insights to help us acquire customers at scale. As a data analyst Intern, you will help streamline and maintain reporting, data analysis deliverables, pipeline, and processes. You will extensively interact with other teams such as Sales, Sales Operations, Product, and Finance. Your input will help shape business decisions and marketing budget investments.
- Leverage data to understand and identify areas of growth for in-depth paid marketing channel performance across different regions and countries
- Extract and analyze data to interpret the impact of tests on marketing performance (e.g. number of leads, cost per acquisition, pipeline growth, ROI)
- Collaborate with regional marketers to analyze campaign performance and global pipeline growth
- Create reports/dashboards using BI tools like Tableau by compiling data from different platforms (Salesforce, Marketo, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Document key findings for growth opportunities. Conduct ad-hoc analyses on key areas of the business
- Current university student or recent graduate with a BA/BS in Analytics, Marketing, Business, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Prior work or academic experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Google Analytics, and data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Must be able to work the full internship of 4 to 6 months
- Analytically inclined, exceptional organizational skills, with rigorous attention to detail
- Passion for delivering actionable insights
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce reports
- Prior internship experience in a high growth company in the SaaS, security, or network space, combined with knowledge of how the Internet works is a plus
We're not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We're a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo ( https://blog.cloudflare.com/protecting-free-expression-online/ ): We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare's enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian ( https://www.cloudflare.com/athenian/ ): We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership ( https://blog.cloudflare.com/tag/path-forward/ ): Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you'd like to be a part of? We'd love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.