ASSISTANT FILM EDITOR INTERN
Length: Winter 2019/Spring 2020 (with the possibility for advancement and additional time/opportunities)
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA (Remote – part time - 20hrs/wk minimum)
To be eligible to participate in the internship program, you must be:
- an active student participating in an undergraduate program receiving course credit;
- an active student participating in a graduate program; or
- a recent graduate within 48 months of graduation
This position is unpaid, but you will receive college/educational credits for your work.
An internationally award-winning food documentary series. We film the uncovered, true stories about food entrepreneurs worldwide.
Our TASTE documentary films include dictator-fighting restaurateurs in Myanmar, Michelin-starred chefs in Europe, snail farmers in Vienna, hunters in Borneo jungles, cricket farmers in Thailand, Jewish bakers fighting anti-Semitism in Budapest, and many more.
TASTE is a short-form documentary series that brings people together through two of the world's most uniting forces: food and stories.
Especially during these divided times, food and stories can unite us. TASTE reveals these undiscovered stories of struggle, risk and reward behind our food.
To date, we've filmed 70 documentary short films across 30 countries worldwide in Asia, Europe and the Americas—from Bhutan to Budapest to Brooklyn.
The yet-to-be released series has earned 42 international film festival nominations and awards on its pilot episodes thus far and has been featured in international press such as Food & Wine Magazine, Edible, Huffington Post, PBS and more.
SNEAK PREVIEW EPISODE ON AMAZON PRIME: https://amzn.to/2IisQrL
As an intern, you will edit documentary, travel, vlog, behind-the-scenes and 360 VR videos for our TASTE series. You will work closely with the founder of TASTE to craft videos that will ultimately be posted to the future TASTE YouTube channel, instagram and on Amazon Prime.
Sample Tasks & Qualifications:
- Quality control all incoming and outgoing film, video, and audio assets
- Review footage, pull selects, build radio edits and create rough draft videos
- Collaborate with the TASTE team and founder. Create and share Adobe Premiere Pro project files and video exports.
- Applicants should have a high attention to detail and be organized, motivated, and self-directed.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical problems
- Uploading materials and promotions
- Experience and knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro (or equivalent, professional NLE program) is an absolute must.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Great writing and storytelling skills.
If you would like to join the filming stage of creating these stories, then the following skills are necessary:
- Advanced camera operation of DSLR and mirrorless cameras (i.e. Canon DSLRs, Sony A7 cameras, etc.)
- Audio operation (lavalier, shotgun and other microphone operations)
- Operation of 360 video camera rigs like the GoPro Omni (preferred but not necessary)
Flexible location and times. There will be bi-weekly, one-hour meetings with the TASTE founder in Millbrae. However, the majority of your internship will be done remotely. You can edit from home/coffee shop/wherever.
And if you will be joining us to film, then we just need to have you at specific events (kitchen, restaurant and studio film shoots) on the weekend days and sporadically throughout the internship to capture the moment.
Please send your resume, reel/work sample* and cover letter to hello [at] tastewithkevin.com. Thank you.
*An editing work sample is required and ideally it should showcase your non-fiction/docu-style/documentary editing abilities.
Job Type: Internship
- Fully Remote
- Flexible schedule