KollegeTown/ Riddell Sports
Intern- January-May 2020
Riddell is a premier designer and developer of football helmets, protective sports equipment, head impact monitoring technologies, apparel and related accessories. A recognized leader in helmet technology and innovation, Riddell is the leading manufacturer of football helmets and shoulder pads, and a top provider of reconditioning services.
For over 85 years, Riddell has innovated to meet players evolving equipment needs. We build on the strengths of our technologies and welcome the challenge to protect and perform in a smarter way. We strive to outpace the needs of today’s athletes and continue to move the game of football forward. Product innovation is at the heart of everything Riddell does. Many years of research, engineering, on-field feedback, and testing go into creating our equipment.
From embedded impact sensors in helmets that monitor and record head impacts during on-field play to shoulder pads that give first responders easy access to players in emergencies, Riddell continues to break new ground in sports equipment by combining visionary ideas with advanced materials and technology.
The Marketing & Communications Intern will assist in the development of internal and external communications projects under the direction of the Communications Manager and with assistance provided by the marketing team members. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of communications, marketing and public relations principles. Day-to-day activities will include compiling daily media reports, contributing to internal communications, event planning, conducting research, offering input to integrated marketing materials, proofing and digital/social media support.
Essential Job Functions
- Writes and edits communications materials, including fact sheets, press releases, blogs, web copy, social media posts and program overviews
- Compiles daily media monitoring reports for company-wide circulation
- Helps coordinate shipping and receiving for event execution
- Supports the company’s charitable donations
- Manages content for the corporate newsroom
- Provides input in development of communication/PR materials/social media
- Assists in executing media relations/PR activities including media visits, interviews, providing additional marketing materials, etc.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time and work well under deadlines
Education, Training & Skills
- College student or recent graduate majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field
- Experience in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, sports management or related field preferred
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in sports or sports equipment industry a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience using social networking platforms
- Understanding of how to operate discreetly with proprietary company information and materials
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and is comfortable in an office environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks successfully to meet deadlines Strong organizational skills and attention to detail