Hornblower Cruises & Events
Sales and Marketing Intern
Assist in marketing and communications efforts through in various day-to-day tasks within the department. Join the team in the development and execution of marketing campaigns. This position does assist in some administrative tasks, but an interested candidate should be willing to take a hands on role in the organization and seek opportunities to take on challenges and new projects. This person will work with multiple business lines/brands and their marketing teams, our technology team, and the corporate marketing team. S/he will use available customer and channel data, plus knowledge of industry best practices, to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement, generate hypotheses, set up and report on tests. S/he will be responsible for activating the team’s test ideas, working with the creative, channel and engineering teams to develop assets and features for testing. In addition, s/he will develop the strategy, activate, manage and measure performance of the customer loyalty/rewards program, with the support of the analytics and channel teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Marketing Manager and Marketing Assistant/Junior Graphic Designer to coordinate public advertising and trade programs
- Develop and schedule new content for social media promotion programs
- Post current special events and holiday cruises on all free sites as assigned
- Update Calendar of Events press releases 30 days prior to public events
- Maintain schedule of regularly updating digital banner ads on partner websites
- Participate in special projects and help coordinate promotional cruises
- Brainstorm new creative marketing outlets for various products
- Participate in collaborative marketing campaigns.
- Assist in the request and coordination of new marketing materials.
- Assist in updating and proofing new collateral such as flyers, packages, maps and correspondence
- Upkeep the marketing collateral, flyers, and coupons for promotions and in reception and foyer area
- Responsible for quarterly collateral inventory of marketing materials
- Maintain a clean, organized, attractive work environment both in your workspace and in the department
- Answer phones when assigned, familiarize with phone system and crew referrals, answer basic questions and transfer
- Keep supervisor appraised of any changes in your daily or weekly schedule
Additional job duties assigned.
- Ability to handle multiple projects on deadline
- Ability to take direction or instruction
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Strong knowledge of new online communication tools including various social media outlets
- Understanding of PC and Mac computer systems and related hardware, software & printers
- Pre-Employment Background Checks are required of all positions
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 38 years. Companies under the Hornblower umbrella include Alcatraz Cruises, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Statue Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
(Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.)
Hornblower is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 415-238-9546.