CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Federal Government and Strategic Enterprise Sales team will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. Interns will assist sales teams with orders, strategy, and training. The internship will take place in San Francisco, San Jose, or Walnut Creek, CA. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career that’s right for YOU!
- Develop creative sales strategies and execute.
- Assist with sales orders.
- Develop and monitor training.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in a marketing or similar field.
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; entering junior or senior year education level at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
- Must have transportation to/from work daily.
- Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours per week, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
Available for Summer Internship Program: 5/26/2020 - 7/31/2020.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enjoy working and interacting with people.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Previous sales or marketing experience.
Alternate Location: US-California-Walnut Creek
Requisition #: 217654
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.