We provide Interns with the opportunity to learn and develop new skills while gaining a deeper understanding of concepts through immersive application. Working closely with their advisor, Interns explore their career field of interest, acquire new skills, and develop transferrable skills.
Each Intern reports to a CyrusOne leader who provides hands-on training, oversight, and mentorship.
We are looking for well-rounded individuals who have demonstrated not only outstanding academic achievement, but aptitude for leadership, teamwork, analytical capabilities, excellent communication skills and sincere interest to pursue a career in their area of expertise.
- Assist with current projects, deadlines, scheduling and priorities during the Internship
- Complete an Intern rotation to understand the roles/positions of the department
- Accomplish daily operations with the Managed Services Team
- Participate in brainstorms and team collaborations
- Research the web and publications for relevant news to share with the team
- Assist with administrative tasks for all departments
- Successfully complete each portion of training
- Participate in supplemental development training.
- Attend regular meetings with Advisor.
- Attend and participate in Intern networking events and training sessions.
- Support Engineering and/or Operations Team in the Data Center through assistance, coordination and distribution of information required to complete the project on time, within budget and to quality standard
- Assist the Managed Services Team in the resolution of technical (engineering) issues in the field and provide the necessary guidance and support
- Design portions of a project under supervision of an experienced professional
- Assist with data collection, input, verification, and manipulation
- Exceed the standards and expectations of customers
- Assist on projects involving Systems and Network engineering
- Support deployment of Server and Network infrastructure, project controls, procurement and document management
- Utilize your knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to complete your assigned tasks in a team environment
- Results oriented and self-motivated, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Perform analysis and interpret results into actionable steps
- Effective information gathering, presentation and cross functional skills
- Strong organizational skills and hardworking attitude
- A working understanding of standard IT concepts
- Familiarity with Server and/or Networking devices
Length of Internship: The Internship will start on June 1st and wrap up August 7th. The length of the Internship will depend largely on college/university academic year calendars or graduation status.
- Information Systems or Computer Science, in Junior/Senior year of Undergraduate and/or Graduate student currently attending a college or university, preferred
- Reliable transportation to our Wappingers Falls location
- Secure your own temporary accommodations
- Some travel may be required
- Currently not enrolled in a summer course
- Not applicable.
As a CyrusOne Intern, you'll learn and be a part of:
- Participating in brainstorms and team collaborations
- Researching the web and publications for relevant news to share with the team
- Assisting with administrative tasks for all departments
- Successfully completing each portion of your training
- Participating in supplemental development training
- Meeting on a regular basis with their advisor
- Attending Intern networking events and training sessions
You may be a fit if your strengths/experience/interests include being:
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- A great writer (creative & technical)
- Willingness to take on a full range of tasks; ability to multi-task
- Proactive and curious, and you love to learn
- Into research and problem solving
- Application Deadline: February 29, 2019
- Paid Internship: Yes- hourly rate, 40 hrs/week
- Shift Type: First shift (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM), hours may vary based on position
- Location: Wappingers Falls Data Center
155 Myers Corners Road
Wappingers Falls, New York 12590
At CyrusOne, we value diversity and the uniqueness of all people. We thrive in an inclusive environment, and we recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, gender, age, color, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion, sexual preference, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability – or any other legally protected categories as set forth in the applicable state, federal or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including training, compensation, benefits and all other privileges of employment.
CyrusOne is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
CyrusOne provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws. We will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at CyrusOne, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our Human Resources at 214.488.1365 (Option 7) or by email at [email protected] .