Gypsum Management and Supply, Inc.
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, deploy, maintain and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computer systems, Switches, ISRs, Access Points and other Networking equipment.
- Perform routine ticket management and escalations to drive problems to final resolution.
- Quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of the applications and infrastructure within the environment and how they impact employees, customers and the business.
- Ability to coordinate across teams, working closely with peers to ensure the appropriate focus and sense of urgency is applied to all.
- Accurately troubleshoot, reproduce and document issues and other pertinent information in Incident or Problem.
- Assists in other areas of the department and company when needed
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must be comfortable working outdoors and at extreme heights
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with many levels of management
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Strong teaming skills and self-motivated
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a bias towards simple solutions
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 70%
- Frequently, will move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to operate basic office machinery
- Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Occasionally working in an office environment
- Must be able to travel occasionally
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive and analyze technical information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.