TIC Gums, an Ingredion Company, is seeking a summer intern in 2020 to join our Technical Sales team. The Technical Sales Intern will work directly with our Technical Sales (Inside Sales) team and will be located at our Texture and Innovation Center in White Marsh, MD. In this role, the intern will shadow the team (aka Gum Gurus) and provide assistance with customer requests and inquiries. This internship is ideal for Food Science majors who are interested in a potential sales/business development track.
As the Technical Sales Intern your responsibilities will include:
- Complete customer documentation and literature requests
- Field calls from the technical hotline, chat and website. Respond to inquiries from customers. As needed, support outside sales and marketing in addressing requests.
- Update salesforce database with Inside sales account information
- Learn the inside sales model to provide back-up customer interaction support to TSR’s
- Demonstrate technical understanding of product line and sales proficiency
- Support marketing with assigned tasks that may include creating content for use in blog responses
The Technical Sales Intern position is well-suited for you if you:
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious project goals
- Build relationships with key decision-makers and internal stakeholders within Sales and Marketing
- Ability to work well with all levels of personnel
- Possess solid teamwork skills
- Are self-motivated and results-driven
- Are a creative problem solver
- Enjoy working with customers
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science with an aptitude for technical sales/business development
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Availability to work full time (40 hours/week) between early June and mid-August 2018
- Ability to work safely in an office environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, e.g. making presentations and writing technical data/reports
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula. Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance. Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business. Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.