98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our websitehttps://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Product Marketing plays a critical role in successfully driving our products into the marketplace by understanding the current market environment and developing a strategy to drive customer awareness of the benefits of adopting VMware products and solutions. In addition to determining packaging, pricing, sales tools, and collateral, Product Marketing Managers use several outlets in order to evangelize VMware’s position in the marketplace including blogging, analyst meetings, industry events, data sheets, white papers and customer case studies. Product Marketing also works with VMware’s sales force, OEM and channel partners on positioning products and solutions, lead generation activities and helping to boost the sales process. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop analyses of market size, and customer buying behavior
- Define target markets for solutions from VMware and partners; develop customer segmentations based on firm-o-graphics (company size, industry, geography) and demographics (system administrator, Windows user, Linux user)
- Determine packaging and pricing to optimize revenue generation in each target market segment
- Define the overall marketing strategy for business units and joint go-to-market partners
- Develop appropriate positioning and messaging for different level audiences (end user, IT Manager, CXO) and for different target segments
- Perform competitive analysis, define and communicate key VMware advantages
- Create the whole spectrum of sales tools and collateral (PowerPoint presentations, datasheets, white papers, customer case studies, demos, and training materials) to communicate the value proposition of VMware’s security products and solutions to customers and partners
- Develop the sales, channel, and partner strategies
- Analyze the sales cycle and channel mix for specific products and solutions and formulate ideas and approaches to optimize the selling process
- Work closely with corporate marketing to determine and execute lead generation, analyst relations, and public relations programs. Project-manage product launches
- Create and drive innovative initiatives to drive the fast proliferation of VMware products and solutions
- First year MBA student
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in technology product marketing or product management, strategic management consulting, investments banking or management in entrepreneurial projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to translate technology features into business benefits
Exceptionally strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making
Ability to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Previous experience interacting with and presenting to C-level executives
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts and passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- You are a strong leader, self-starter and excellent teammate with experience in a high achievement-oriented environment.
- Experience with enterprise software preferred
Note to students from outside the US: While any student with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, you should be aware that VMware does not sponsor work visas for the entry-level roles these Internships may prepare you for.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.