Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative and innovative, and we're looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother's room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal's communications team is seeking an intern with an interest in building basic public relations skills and a passion for the areas we sit at the intersection of: fashion, technology and sustainability. This position will help support our team's foundational PR programs, while gaining exposure and experience in the core aspects of PR.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA and will report to Head of Communications.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coverage tracking and reporting
- Researching new reporters and building media lists
- Assisting with event planning and execution
- Supporting speaking & awards programs
- Becoming adept in PR software and tools
- This role is open to both current students as well as graduates
- Professional experience is ideal, but not required
- Basic understanding of and interest in PR is a must
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Frequently reads news and/or fashion sites, savvy about current media landscape
- Organized, strong attention to detail
- Fast learner, proactive, positive attitude
- Proficient in G Suite
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.