Anritsu Company is the United States subsidiary of Anritsu Corporation, a global provider of innovative communications test and measurement solutions for 120 years. Anritsu’s “2020 VISION” philosophy engages customers as true partners to help develop wireless, optical, microwave/RF, and digital instruments as well as operation support systems for R&D, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance applications. Anritsu also provides precision microwave/RF components, optical devices, and high-speed electrical devices for communication products and systems. The company develops advanced solutions for 5G, M2M, IoT, as well as other emerging and legacy wireline and wireless communication markets. With offices throughout the world, Anritsu has approximately 4,000 employees in over 90 countries. To learn more visit www.anritsu.com and follow Anritsu on Facebook, Google+ LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Anritsu is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all employees. We offer standard benefits such as major medical, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, Employee Assistance Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, a generous 401(k) Matching Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, and profit sharing. Our benefit package is designed to positively impact all aspects of your life; to help you and your family succeed; and to maintain our status as a “perfect job.” Come find out what Anritsu has to offer you!
As a Test Engineer Intern based in Morgan Hill, CA, you will have the opportunity to develop state of the art RF & Microwave automated test systems. You will be working closely with Development Engineering and Contract Manufacturing groups to provide technical test engineering supports to ensure our products meet Anritsu’s standards of quality and reliability.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Define and develop an automate software test suite to control Anritsu RF & Microwave products.
- Automate data mining and streamline measurement uncertainty analyzing process for technical datasheet and calibration capability and efficiency.
- Evaluate prototype instruments for data sheet specifications and analyze prototype variations
- Develop and manage databases and Analysis/Utility tools.
- Maintain a calibration system meeting ISO/IEC 17025 & GUM requirement.
- Reporting to the Test Engineering Manager based in Morgan Hill, CA
- Requires a Junior Level standing at a University in BS Electrical Engineering/Computer Science
- Hands on working experiences in software/automation/testing/instrumentation development.
- Solid understanding of OOD/OOP concepts.
- Hands-on experience with programming languages including Visual Basic, C#, ASP, or python.
- Knowledge of relational database design (SQL).
The followings are considered a plus for highly qualified candidates:
- Experience with controlling automated RF & Microwave test equipment using SCPI protocol.
- Experience with software version control system (VSS, SVN, Git).
- Working knowledge or experience in RF/Microwave instrumentation measurements and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of measurement uncertainties and contributing elements.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis (SPC, GR&R, Cp/Cpk, correlation analysis).
In order to be successful in this role, the following competencies and behavior skills are required:
- Passionate about quality and software testing.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical people from cross-functional teams in fast-paced and fun environment.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and have the ability to do what is needed to be done with limited supervision.
- Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and must be able to present ideas and convey information effectively through formal and informal documents.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)