BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817, BMO Financial Group is a highly diversified financial services provider based in North America. With total assets of $830 billion and a team of diverse and highly engaged employees, BMO provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and services to more than 12 million customers. BMO is the 8th largest bank in North America as measured by assets, as of April 30, 2019.
BMO Capital Markets
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American-based financial services provider offering equity and debt underwriting, corporate lending and project financing, merger and acquisitions advisory services, securitization, treasury management, market risk management, debt and equity research and institutional sales and trading. BMO Capital Markets has over 2,700 professionals in 33 locations around the world, including 19 offices in North America.
BMO Capital Markets is a member of BMO Financial Group (NYSE, TSX: BMO), one of the largest diversified financial services providers in North America with US$620 billion total assets and over 45,000 employees as at April 30, 2019.
About Corporate Banking:
Corporate Banking is an integral part of BMO Capital Markets’ Investment and Corporate Banking group which offers corporate, institutional and government clients a complete range of financial services, including lending, equity and debt capital raising, structured finance, M&A, treasury and market risk management services, research and institutional investing. Corporate Banking is responsible for the marketing, management and monitoring of the Bank's corporate loan portfolio, and also supports the credit requirements and cross selling efforts for other businesses including derivatives, foreign exchange, cash management, and trade finance.
Summer Program Overview:
The CB Summer Analyst program is designed for candidates between their first and second year of a undergraduate school. Summer analysts will gain valuable experience and exposure to a wide number of industries during the 10-week program. In addition to this on-the-job experience, the program includes the opportunity to network across various business groups, learn about the culture of BMO Capital Markets, participate in training and learning seminars, and obtain career guidance from dedicated mentors. This position is ideally suited to talented, highly motivated individuals who seek to build a solid, comprehensive foundation in the basic skills of corporate banking. Opportunities are available Chicago.
- Processing client requests (e.g. new credit facilities and extensions and/or amendments to existing credit facilities).
- Completing annual / interim credit reviews. Credit reviews include industry and financial analysis comprising of: operating performance, cash flow, leverage, coverage and liquidity, as well as capital-at-risk and other regulatory capital calculations.
- Monitoring performance of portfolio companies against credit terms and conditions and identify changes in the financial condition of a client.
- Preparing presentation materials and relationship profitability assessments, which involve liaising with other product and industry groups within BMO Capital Markets.
- Performing other duties including industry and company-specific research, as well as ad hoc projects for senior professionals.