Does this sound like you?
- Passion for technology
- Love tinkering, troubleshooting and problem-solving
- The desire to learn new technology
- Enjoy collaborating with a team
We are seeking candidates who want to jump-start their IT career with a great company and be exposed to a variety of technologies. We want to help you grow and develop your technology skills!
What does a Technical Support Intern do?
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Help desk support for internal users
- Assist with system updates in addition to helping users identify and diagnose hardware and software problems
- Train end users in the proper use of software and computer equipment
- Provide technical support for workstation hardware, software, network, printers, mobile phones, and other related equipment
- Assist with regional office support
- Support the team on special technology projects and initiatives
This internship will allow you to assist with help desk support, system administration tasks; including Active Directory and Group Policy updates, printing, and security products such as Crowd Strike anti-malware and Proofpoint web filtering. There will also be exposure to network administration responsibilities, including monitoring network utilization and helping to support overall network performance.
Are You a Fit for This Role?
Desired Skills & Experience:
- General knowledge of computer systems, printers, hardware configurations, operating systems, and systems compatibility
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of current technology trends
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Great team player with a positive can do attitude
We are a Grand Rapids, MI based data center maintenance provider seeking talented and successful individuals with integrity and a strong work ethic. We have almost 50 offices throughout the U.S and service companies nationwide.
We believe people join cultures not companies.
Our core value is to work with our employees to help them achieve their personal, professional and financial goals. Our philosophy has always rested on the belief that when our employees achieve their goals, the company will flourish.
We continue to grow more every year and our employee and customer focused approach to business has helped generate double-digit growth since our start in 1993. At Service Express, you are more than an employee; you are part of a TEAM of passionate, collaborative, service-oriented people that want to invest in you and support your goals!
Service Express is an equal opportunity employer. Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. Service Express, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas.