Sales Specialist – Markit WSO Sales
This is an associate appointment in Markit’s North American WSO Sales Team with responsibility for supporting the business development and account management for the West Coast. This position will be located in New York City. This group will also liaise with counterparts in the other major financial centers. The successful candidate will have broad experience in financial markets, account management and the ability to manage complex relationships.
Duties & accountabilities
- Relationship maintenance and development with key relationships
- Working with product/sales groups in the execution of contracts
- Assist in the Renewal of existing contracts
- Internal communication and reporting
- Assist in the management of the entire sales lifecycle of a deal including liaising with senior sales people and client support to provide ongoing support and training to existing clients.
- Prepare proposals and contracts as required.
- Prepare documentation including trial agreements, confidentiality agreements, and sales agreements as needed
- Identify new business opportunities, and assist in broadening the client base.
- Prepare and deliver marketing and presentations
- Maintain regular client contact.
- Contribute to ongoing product development effort through client feedback.
- Handle billing and contract questions
- Maintain contract overviews
- Provide process improvement suggestions
- Participate in status calls and on site meetings with the other WSO sales groups
- Become a product expert for all of IHS Markit’s loan offerings
Education and experience:
- Years of sales experience 2-4
- Knowledge of Fixed Income
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Ability to manage complex relationships towards the main objective of increasing revenue streams year-on-year in line with the account plan
- Ability to inspire and influence peers and colleagues across the firm through industry expertise and excellence in all aspects of communication and leadership
- Professional demeanour with strong in-person and telephone based presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Articulate and self-motivated.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal required
- Needs to build internal relationships as well as external ones. Important to have the confidence of product managers and other salespeople.
- Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly changing environment
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.