This is not a remote work position. Candidates must be able to work full-time at company office in Arlington, VA.
As a Developer at GoTab, you will be responsible for collaborating closely with a product owner and other developers (local and remote) to define the product direction informed by the state of the art in mobile web technology. You will have significant freedom in exercising design judgment to build user interfaces and the underlying server-side code that powers the experience. We work in tightly-scoped weekly sprints using JIRA, and we fully rely on continuous integration and sophisticated DevOps processes to deploy code with maximum efficiency. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment to be successful.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- A strong desire to experiment, learn and grow
- Excellent communication and remote collaboration skills
- Knowledge of relational databases and data modeling
- HTML5, CSS3 and BootstrapPreferred:
- Experience with Marko templating
- Familiarity with any flavor of Linux
- Familiarity with software development on low-power devices such as Raspberry Pi, The Chip or PyboardPerks
- Laid-back, fun, and casual office environment
- Ballston location with easy metro access
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Free gym access
- Friday happy hours
- Join the ground floor of a rapidly growing startup with endless potential
GoTab is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, genetic information, marital/familial status, disability, military status, veteran status, or any other protected status. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Job Type: Full-time