Informatica is currently looking for Data Science Intern to join our team.
Intern - Data Science
Imagine yourself working for the leading independent software provider focused on delivering transformative innovation for the future of all things data. Since 1993, Informatica has helped businesses unleash the power of their data. And 25 years later, we’ve risen as the leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management. Now, armed with the solutions we provide, companies around the world are thriving, taking their businesses to new heights, fueling their innovation, even disrupting industries—intelligently. Today, data is the trusted currency that fuels digital transformation. In fact, it’s the lifeblood of our global economy.
We are looking for motivated data science interns with excellent coding skills to join our data science team in Madison, WI. Our team develops and deploys a broad range of data cleaning and integration solutions, which extensively use machine learning, data management, and Big Data technologies. You will join and help team members develop and evaluate these solutions.
What We Look For
- Experience in machine-learning methodologies (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning etc.)
- Experience with clustered data processing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive)
- Experience with data exploration, cleaning, and integration technologies
- Experience in communicating technically, at a level appropriate for the audience
- Enrolled in Bachelor's, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related science field
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby)
Nice to Have
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accurately assess critical factors for success and mitigate risk on deliverables
- Proactively share technical knowledge and best practices with team members
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Articulate ideas and thoughts clearly and easily
- Interact well with team leaders, peers, junior staff and other managers at various positions
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- Willingness to embrace new challenges and help drive success
- Must be an effective communicator
We empower the world’s most progressive companies to realize data-driven digital transformations that are changing the world. It’s not just a moment in time, it’s a movement. And we’re all part of it—motivated by the challenge to make possible what never existed before. Come work with over 9,000 of the most well-known customers across the globe.
So what are you waiting for? Unleash your power, and come join #LifeAtINFA today!
At Informatica, We “DATA”. We Do Good, Act As One Team, Think Customer First, and Aspire For The Future. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realize new growth opportunities, lead to new inventions resulting in intelligent market disruptions.
A career with Informatica gives you all the opportunities and benefits that can only come from working for the trusted industry leader, including amazing, energetic team members; a globally diverse workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.