Innovation Lives Here
You go all in no matter what you do, and so do we. You want to use your powers for good, and that’s exactly what we do at Lytx®. Our team is made up of hungry, humble, and capable people who are making a difference every day with technology that helps save lives each year.
Internship Project Overview:
The scope of the internship project for the Device Test Engineering Team will involve partnering with current team members and working cross functionally with the hardware and firmware team to develop innovative solutions. During your internship, you’ll have exposure working with Linux embedded devices and analyze field test data. You would get an opportunity to work on tools like Jenkins, Python, Selenium and help enable our team to enhance on test infrastructure.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Join one of our engineering teams and help build test automation tools to help raise the quality bar of our products and customer features.
- Work closely with Device Test Engineers on field testing, test infrastructure enhancement, test time reduction and documentation, etc.
- Participate in research of fleet data. Analyze and summarize data from characterization reports and run statistical analysis.
- Challenge yourself to find and evaluate fleet data trends and report statistics.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university/college; San Diego schools preferred
- Preferred: Masters of Science student pursuing a quantitative major (e.g. computer science, electrical engineering, math, etc.)
- Already located in San Diego for the 2020 summer
- Available to work 40 hours/week for a 10 week period over the 2020 summer
- Familiarity with Python scripting, Jenkins infrastructure, Jupyter notebooks
- Familiarity with conventional machine learning techniques and coding packages
- Basic knowledge of SQL database
- Part of the application process will include taking the HackerRank coding challenge
Lytx, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and maintains a drug-free workplace. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet.