PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR’s Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
PACCAR ITD is searching for talented individuals to join our Summer Internship Program!
Internships include unique learning opportunities:
- Learn first-hand from the industry's top professionals
- Work directly with Managers and Senior Managers
- Develop mentoring relationships
- Gain valuable hands on experience
PACCAR is looking for a curious, creative and motivated individual that is passionate about information technology and interested in learning more about information security in a Fortune 500 company. During your internship with PACCAR you’ll have the opportunity to explore new technologies, work with technical teams and lead projects. Our internship program is designed to give you real world experience and develop skills to succeed within the technology and information security industry.
Projects may include:
- Develop Security Risk Heat Map / Dashboard
- Assist with Security Risk Assessments
- Review requests for Security Exceptions
- Assist in developing risk mitigations
- Participate in the Third-Party Risk Management program
- Review and update security standards documents
- Work with Security Operations team to learn security tools used at PACCAR
- 1+ years of college experience, preferably in the IT or Information Security Field
- Experience using AWS, and Azure cloud platforms desired
- PowerShell and Python scripting is desired
- Data Mining and Reporting experience is desired
- Tableau and/or Sumo Logic experience is a plus
Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree with a technology, Engineering or Computer Science or related field.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.