Waymo is the self-driving technology company with a mission to make it safe and easy for people and things to move around. Building on software and sensor technology developed at Google, Waymo is now launching the world’s first fully self-driving transportation service that will take members of the public from A to B at the touch of a button.
Hardware Engineering is a diverse, innovative, and collaborative group of electrical, mechanical, reliability, software and vehicle engineers. We design, build, and perfect the products which are the eyes and ears of Waymo's self-driving systems, and integrate those products into vehicle platforms. We're seeking curious and talented teammates to keep us moving in the right direction.
Do you enjoy developing and testing vehicles? Are you a curious and independent problem solver willing to work hard to bring mobility to the world? Waymo's Reliability team is looking for a hands-on intern to support full system vehicle reliability testing, focusing on exposing our next generation hardware designs to harsh environments.
Waymo interns work alongside leaders in the industry on projects that deliver significant impact to the company. We believe learning is a two-way street: leveraging your knowledge while providing you with opportunities to expand your skill-set. Interns are an important part of our culture and our recruiting pipeline. Join us at Waymo for a fun and rewarding internship!
In this internship, you’ll:
- Design and correlate environmental vehicle reliability tests
- Build necessary test fixtures and conduct reliability tests
- Work closely with mechanical, reliability, test and systems engineers to develop robust, high performance, affordable methods for environmental testing to gather data, identify design weakness and/or validate design
- Investigate future technologies and methodologies for improvement
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Working towards a BE or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or Related Discipline
- Hands-on experience with mechanical components and systems
- Excellent technical communication skills
It’s preferred if you have:
- Track record of innovation and solving challenging problems
- Prior internship/experience in a high tech or automotive company
- Interest in being hands-on and working outdoors
- Help solve challenging problems with a direct impact on the company
- Competitive compensation packages with a housing/relocation bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks
- Free access to Google shuttles
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fun intern events and networking opportunities
Note: We will accept resumes on a rolling basis until the role is filled. To be in consideration for multiple roles, please apply to each one individually.