Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of inter-disciplinary collaboration. Each member of the team is expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We’re tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems—and we wouldn’t succeed without our shared passion for making the world a better place.
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the Team
The logistics team leads our inbound and outbound transportation management, fleet management, materials handling, order fulfillment, logistics network design, and management of third-party logistics services providers. Within logistics, the global trade & compliance department is responsible in maintaining a high level of compliance with import, customs and export rules. Your role with this group will provide transparency into one of the largest global networks being established today.
What to Expect
The Logistics Intern will ensure our partners are provided with excellent service throughout the shipment process including quick response to inquiries and problem resolution. We'll teach you to drive excellence through regular meetings with 3rd party logistics partners and Tesla team members by being heavily involved in the following:
- Craft processes and systems to creatively move goods to and from hubs and destinations.
- Train teams on methodologies and implement a unified distribution handbook.
- Mitigate “one-offs” but know how and when to partner and execute unusual requests.
- Timely preparation of all required documentation to meet required delivery dates, including updates for CMP, rate sheets, etc.
- Coach utilization of Tesla Logistics Mobile Application to Drivers and Internal teams.
- Booking & coordination of smartest means to transport goods within expected requirements.
- Current Undergraduate, Graduate, or MBA student; focus on Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or Engineering Management
- 3+ internship, project, or work experience related to this area of expertise.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and excellent time management skills.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program