Orange Silicon Valley
At OSV, we thrive on collaboration, working closely with Silicon Valley & San Francisco communities to foster innovation and seek out disruptive technologies. In an accelerating present we anticipate that the future is closer than we think. We act as guides to the digital revolution occurring in the San Francisco Bay Area, regularly hosting startups, businesses, and corporate leadership from around the world.
During your 6-month Internship as a Business Analyst you will primarily be responsible for supporting OSV's corporate innovation partnership program by generating insightful market analysis, as well as identifying and categorizing startups within specific industry verticals. You will focus on industries in early stages of their digital transformation, such as construction, utilities, and mining. You will also have opportunities to work on cross-cutting topics like environmental sustainability and smart cities and explore industries such as agriculture and logistics.
This role is ideally suited for candidates with a strong interest in technology and experience with business analysis. You should be extremely curious, enjoy research, be a creative thinker, and take ownership over your work. Success in this role will require repeated deep dives into specialized industry verticals to surface relevant technology solutions. Comfort with writing and creating presentations that communicate your findings to upper management and customers is essential. This internship will provide excellent opportunities to learn about corporate innovation strategy across multiple industries and exposure to cutting edge startups.
- Conduct deep dives and support ongoing research into current industry and technology trends.
- Identify compelling opportunities for co-innovation pilots between Orange and our partners.
- Evaluate startups and produce whitepapers. Map startups to partner needs.
- Follow relevant developments in the non-business environment.
- Conduct market intelligence to benchmark against other telecommunication companies.
- Develop and deliver presentations to partners and management to communicate your findings.
- Work collaboratively with other interns and employees in the office.
- Proactively identify new project areas of value to the business team.
- Support office activities and company events.
- Currently enrolled in a university degree program or a recent graduate within the last 12-months.
- Strong interest in at least one of the industries listed above and in digital technologies.
- Outstanding research skills utilizing diverse sources of online and offline information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and English language working proficiency.
- Project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple parallel projects.
- Ability to work with a team and autonomously in an agile environment with shifting priorities and rapid project iteration.
- Previous business internship experience is a plus.
- International work experience is also a plus.