*** THIS IS AN UNPAID LEARNING INTERNSHIP POSITION***
Have you taken medical billing courses and can't seem to get your career started because you don't have experience? Are you currently taking courses and need experience to graduate? Do you have some billing experience and need to hone your skills?
Universal Financial Systems offers this internship as a great learning opportunity for individuals that have recently graduated with a billing education and are looking for hands-on experience.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP?
- Recent graduates of medical billing programs
- Current students of medical billing programs who need externship credits to graduate
- Candidates who have had recent hands-on experience with medical billing
- You must understand the fundamentals of medical billing
- Must have graduated from a medical billing program or equivalent
- Must have basic computer skills (Copy-Paste/Printing/Email/Folders/Websites)
- Must be able to use the telephone in a professional manner
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Create and code (ICD-10) medical billing claims for various clients across multiple software platforms
- Work initial claims, denials, and appeals as necessary
- Work AR
- Work directly with insurance companies, healthcare providers, and patients to get claims processed and paid
- Verify patient insurance coverage and eligibility
- Process claims both digitally and by paper
- Process ERAs and apply insurance and patient payments to accounts
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS INTERNSHIP:
- Advanced billing training and education
- Hands-On billing with real claims and clients
- The experience of working in a real billing environment
- Work side-by-side with an experienced professional biller
- Understand the importance of knowing how to work Billing AR
UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM:
- You may add UFS to your Resume
- You may user UFS as a Referral
- You will receive a Certificate of Completion
- You will receive a Letter of Recommendation
INTERNSHIP TIME / DATE / LOCATION:
- Internship Start: November 18th - STRICT start date due to training schedule
- Internship Term: 6 - 8 weeks (Must complete 240 hours)
- Internship Hours: 9am-5pm, M-F - Only Full-Time candidates will be considered
- Location: Chino Hills
Please send us a telephone number and time where we can call you to set up the interview and give you additional details about the internship. We traditionally start with a quick telephone interview and then invite you to visit us for a quick face-to-face with our internship coordinator.
This is an on-site opportunity - Sorry, you cannot do this internship remotely.
*** This is an unpaid internship learning position ***
Job Type: Internship
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Chino Hills, CA (Preferred)
- One location
- College Credit