Crawford & Company
Excellence In Everything We Touch
The Broadspire Internship Program (BIP) is designed to challenge and reward a select number of students with an opportunity to work with the Broadspire team. The program is intended to provide knowledge, tools, skills, and experiences an intern can readily apply to future challenges and professional pursuits.
- Provide high level overview of Crawford and Company
- Showcase various units of Broadspire through company leaders and innovators while learning about rewarding careers in the claims industry
- Opportunity for students to recognize their strengths, interests, problem solving skills, and abilities to deal with internal/external customers in a work environment through verbal and written communication
- Allow students to experience the roles, expectations, and behaviors expected in a professional work environment while developing a professional toolbox for life in the business world
- Build a professional network though virtual network activities with other BIP interns and Broadspire employees across the country
Working alongside a licensed professional adjuster, you will
- Issue payments, request wage information for the adjusters, order surveillance, and complete medical calls to obtain the current work status
- Contact agents and insured on routine claims to obtain coverage information
- Compose a variety of material such as letters, benefit notices, or memorandums for medical appointment, attorneys, or external clients
- Complete and present a final project at the end of the 10 week program
- Completion of freshman year and currently enrolled as a sophomore or higher
- Majoring in Business Administration, Business Management, or Humanities and Social Sciences degrees
- Grade Point Average of at least 2.5 or equivalent is required
- A desire to learn about the third party claims industry
- An interest in pursuing a career as an adjuster
- A passion for helping our claimants by listening, investigating, having empathy, using emotional intelligence, and utilizing time management skills to assist them on their road to recovery
- Must be flexible, adaptable, capable of working in a fast paced environment, and possess the ability to learn and develop excellent multi-tasking and communication skills
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset that’s inclusive, agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed, innovate, and outpace our competitors.
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.