B3 Group Inc
B3 Group, Inc. is a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) certified health IT firm providing end-to-end technology support services to the federal government and enterprise customers. Our values-driven team of business, IT and management professionals blend innovation and client-first thinking to deliver sustainable solutions for better healthcare outcomes. Established in 2008 and located in Herndon, Virginia, B3 Group is founded on the principles of servant leadership. Those principles are reflected in every aspect of our operations.
B3 Group is looking for multiple Junior Database Administrators (DBAs) to support a Federal customer in a large Telecommunications Contract transition Project. Database Administration support must include assurance of 24x7x365 availability, troubleshooting, and tuning to ensure acceptable response times. Database Administration support in the form of advice and troubleshooting is provided to a wide range of individuals including customers, end users, programmers and analysts, System and Network Administrators as well as Database Administrators . The current supported database system technologies SQLSERVER 2005+. Prefer Jr. DBA candidates that are well-versed in SQL Server 2014 and 2016.
Telecommute may be considered.
Responsibilities would include:
The installation, administration and maintenance of Oracle and SQL Server Instances, setup of test, development, staging and production environments, design of database backup and restoration strategies, performing database backups and monitoring those backups to ensure they are being performed regularly, setup of high-availability capabilities, database capacity planning, change management activities to analyze and determine the impact of changes, test and implement changes, and document changes, troubleshooting various problems that arise in a day-to-day work and fix the issues, monitoring Oracle and SQL Server error logs and checking e-mail alerts, monitoring and performing database tuning, documenting database configurations, install, configure, patch and upgrades of Oracle and SQL Server Software.
Generatation of reports and dashboards to provide management visibility and reporting into the evolution of the data over time.
Assistance to end users with SQL queries of the database.
Requires advanced Excel analysis
A B3 Associate will analyze, validate, specify, and verify requirements defined by project leads. They will gain knowledge to be able to gather the appropriate data that will be used to plan, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs. A B3 Associate will be flexible to take on tasks necessary to provide value to the customer and team.
To be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field, OR 8 yrs. equivalent work experience.
- Prefer at least 3 years of database administration experience. Strong Microsoft SQL 2014/2016 experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; as well as solid interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt well to diverse environments.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels in an organization.
- Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to technology.
- Effective problem solving/analysis skills, time management, and organizational skills necessary.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government clearance.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Understanding of Agile approach and requirements.
Successful B3 Group employees will display the following characteristics:
- You strive to be an expert in your field currently and in the future.
- You take care in learning your customer’s business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but also support their mission properly in a way that meeting their client's mission.
- You like to make your client look good.
- You find solutions, where others only see problems.
- You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well.
- You are aware of the client’s needs at all times and are well-versed in what both your team and B3 Group can offer them as a whole.
- You have the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
Our reputation is built upon the talents and integrity of our employees. We value the contributions of each and every person who is a member of our organization. We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Annual Leave/Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with contribution match
- Continuing education assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Referral Program
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Performance Bonuses
About B3 Group, Inc.
B3 Group, Inc. is a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) health IT firm providing end-to-end technology support services to the federal government and enterprise customers. Our values-driven team of business, IT and management professionals blend innovation and client-first thinking to deliver sustainable solutions for better healthcare outcomes.
Established in 2008 and headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, B3 Group is founded on the principles of servant leadership. Those principles are reflected in every aspect of our operations.
B3 Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.