What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from you.
Job Summary:As an Intern you will gain valuable hands-on experience working in our Markel Assurance MidSouth regional headquarters in Plano, TX. You will rotate through various departments, including but not limited to reinsurance, billing/collections, and claims, and will gain exposure in all product lines. You will apply your educational insights and learning in a real-world business setting. You will complete various projects and administrative tasks to support the MidSouth Region of our Fortune 500 organization.
- Current college student (rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors) with a major in business, risk management & insurance, finance, or related field
- Strong academic performance (3.0 GPA minimum)
- We are looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live the Markel Style . The Markel Style gives us our competitive advantage. It's our core value which underpins how we do business, while influencing our behavior and performance.
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with fast pace and shifting priorities.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- Strong desire to learn and apply knowledge.
- Ability to exhibit effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
“Why work for us?”
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing people’s differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation. We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the Markel Style—some of our best ideas start from a conversation between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further success to Markel.