- Responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining all aspects of live and Playback SD/HD, on air broadcast automation and media archive systems; specifically network configurations and control platforms.
- Must be able to work with broadcast systems and associated network architectures and related support, as well as hardware/software installations and configurations and have the ability to work well in a fast-paced pressure environment without supervision and lead by example.
- Must be able to coordinate and execute the implementation of new project initiatives and technologies as well as the routine day to day troubleshooting and maintenance functions on all broadcast network systems.
- Computer and networking skills a must – MS Windows OS, SQL server, Linux, Evertz mediator, Harris automation, FPD/DIVA, Grass Valley DDRs, SANs and related experience highly preferred.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with Operations Management and the other Engineering groups within the AMCN structure.
- This position must be able to act in a leadership-type role, with emphasis on ability to manage projects and tasks and delegate work to lower level technicians in the department.
OPERATIONAL ACTIVITIES OF THIS POSITION
1. Respond/delegate calls from Engineer on Call to assist on any Network Applications/IT Engineering related issues.
2. Work in combination with joint Video Maintenance Group.
3. Work in conjunction with other Engineering groups (EOC, TOC/Encoding Technicians), when required, to timely resolve issues.
4. Work in conjunction with other Operational groups (OAS, QC, Transcoding Technicians), when required, to timely resolve issues.
5. Troubleshoot equipment / systems methodically and effectively and follow up with email to staff
6. Working knowledge of AMC’s network systems infrastructure and topology.
7. Carry out all tasks as specified by respective Management Staff.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
1. Operating metric(s):
a. Ability to take direction from Network Applications Management and report back with accurate and timely responses
b. Ability to use knowledge gained to handle tasks proactively
c. Ability to become adept with all systems that fall under the Network Applications umbrella
d. Ability to clearly document and explain existing and new systems and workflows
e. Ability to act in leadership type role and train and delegate tasks to lower level technicians.
Minimum 7 years’ experience in on air broadcast automation and media archive systems. Knowledge of Network configurations/topology and control platforms. Ability to train and share advanced technical insights to peers in and out of the Network Application’s Group, in order to gain further knowledge of AMCN’s systems, procedures and networking topology. Superior understanding of plant’s core infrastructure as it relates to automation, archive system and digital file based asset management system and workflows. Excellent computer skills Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends, and Holidays May be required to lift heavy equipment
Vast experience in the Broadcast Systems / Network Applications/ IT support division of the Broadcast Engineering Group In-depth knowledge of Network systems and topology Document workflows and procedures (SOP)
Ability to train peers on systems, equipment troubleshooting, configurations, workflow processes Works as support arm for Video Engineering, project execution, setup, commissioning, functional qualification Timely reporting on Net Apps related issues
The Company is committed to policy of nondiscrimination in its employment and personnel practices. Applicants are considered for all employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, religion, alienage, citizenship, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic predisposition or carrier status, age, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sexual assault, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.