ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Focus
- Learn and understand the systems and processes necessary to provide high service levels to our customers and to maintain the operation of the branch and its inventory.
- Work with customers regarding questions on orders, quotes and/or job specifications.
- Contact customer following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints.
- Learn sales processes such as:
- Generating new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information to customers
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns.
- Working closely with vendors to make sure product shipment /delivery dates are adhered to and communicate appropriately to the customer of any changes.
- Timely and accurate data entry of sales orders and/or purchase orders into the inventory management system.
- Learn sales processes such as:
- Gain product and application knowledge of materials sold by MORSCO in the course of working in the warehouse, utilizing individual training from location manager and co-workers.
- Provide support to the branch manager in the operation of the location by maintaining showroom and warehouse areas.
- Learn purchasing function and inventory control processes.
- Learn shipping and delivery procedures.
- Safely utilize PIT equipment (Forklift, Order Picker, Reach Truck etc.) to pull and move product.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping trucks, shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat.
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Training Plan
- Execute an ongoing professional training plan by actively participating in all job related and company training, informational seminars, business meetings, and job shadowing.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Currently persuing Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Distribution, Business, Operations Management, Sales, or other related program.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Must present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
- Must have proficient computer skills; previous experience with an ERP system (i.e. Eclipse, Mincron) is an asset
- Must be self-motivated and able to multi-task in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required
- Must have excellent customer service skills with the ability to sell product to a wide range of customers both in-person and by phone
- Must be able to work positively within a team environment
- Must be able to learn quickly and have a desire to succeed
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify solutions with minimal assistance
- Regular, timely attendance is required to meet customer needs in an efficient and effective manner
Time TypeFull time
At MORSCO, our commitment to excellent customer service is just part of our story. We’re also dedicated to supporting our most valuable asset, our associates! One of the ways we do this is by offering a variety of high-quality benefits for our associates and their families.
All full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - plus paid holidays
- Additional Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Cancer/Accident/Heart/Stroke Insurance
- Vision Insurance