We are seeking an Ergonomist/Usability Testing Intern who will assist in the testing of ergonomic designs. This testing will support design validation and confidence building that the product to be released meets customer expectations.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
- The ideal candidate will be guided and perform studies on representative truck drivers and be supporting interface design work associated with in-vehicle products.
- Will take part in participant scheduling, test protocol development, data collection, data reduction, and reporting generation tasks.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent listening and observation skills
- Detail oriented
- High level of work integrity
- Interest in the automotive domain
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Prior experience in conducting data collection and results reporting desired
Seeking a current student pursuing a degree in Human Factors Engineering / Ergonomics / User Interface Design or other similar discipline. Interest in performing usability testing a plus.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.