CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study and career interest. Interns within the Strategic Planning and Transformation department will be part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active CenturyLink work projects. Interns will be part of an agile team as a developer. The internship will take place in Broomfield, CO. In addition, interns will connect to our company culture through community outreach projects, engage with our employee resource groups and be able to develop their professional skills and business acumen through frequent exposure to senior leadership, cutting-edge technology, groundbreaking projects, and a network of mentors and fellow interns. Come Intern with us and create the beginnings of a career right for YOU!
- Involvement with the migration of back end databases to Oracle, as well as improving the User Interface allowing interaction with the data.
- Tasked with UI work, as well as Java service layer work to enable the team to meet aggressive migration deadlines.
- Attend daily stand ups and work through trouble shooting techniques.
- Manage time effectively.
- Produce Java code.
- Document work as it is completed.
- Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an IT-related degree program such as CIS or Computer Science.
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; entering senior year education level at the start of the internship (graduating after August 2020).
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0 or higher.
- Must have transportation to/from work daily.
- Must be available to work 30 – 40 hours, during the specified 10-week timeframe.
- Java skills, User Interface ability specifically in Angular, logic, time management, communication skills.
- Available during Summer Internship Program: 6/1/2020 – 8/7/20200.
- Experience with SAP systems
- Background in accounting, in addition to CIS.
- Self-starter, can-do attitude is a must in this fast-moving business and technical environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, time management and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented.
- Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 217072
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.