Ingredion is looking for a highly motivated college student to join the Quality Team as a Quality Control Intern. In this role, you will be for performing analytical tests independently and accurately to support operations in a safe and timely fashion. You will be responsible for finding the composition and purity of products and to test before releasing the product to customers. You will also be testing out the quality of products to ensure products meet customer happiness.
As the Quality Control Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Testing samples are to be gathered and tested within the expected time frame and stored as required
- Managing complete, accurate, and legible test records, in accordance with Company policy and record keeping procedure
- Supporting in the delivery of laboratory testing services, including Refinery, Oil, Starch, Dextrose and Microbiology to operations
- Following all safety and quality guidelines according to Good Laboratory Practices and lab safety requirements to ensure a clean workspace
- Performing other work as assigned by laboratory management
- Providing support by maintaining a communication log and transferring information to lab personnel to continue supporting operations needs to meet customer requirements
The Quality Control Intern position is well suited for you if you:
- Have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively
- Have a strong initiative to improve status-quo and incorporate change in a dynamic work environment, with the willingness to learn quickly and utilize analytical skills
- Are a self-starter with a strong work ethic that values high levels of integrity and authenticity with a dedicated and creative personality that wants to succeed
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology or related discipline and have GPA 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
- Ability to tackle problems, identify improvement opportunities, implement action plans and follow-up to ensure results
- Basic computer skills and proven ability to use programs such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with working in a lab environment
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As a Fortune 500 global provider of ingredient solutions, Ingredion offer great careers across various functions. If you are curious, confident, and believe in the power of game-changing ideas, we want you to make us part of your career formula. Successful: Grow with a leader. Ingredion is FORTUNE 500 company with consistently strong financial performance. Responsible: Thrive with an organization that lives its values. We drive relentlessly toward sustainable practices and responsible operations wherever we do business. Meaningful: Be proud of where you work and what you do. Ingredion enables innovation in foods, beverages and consumer products that touch lives around the world.