New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center NYPCC
New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center (NYPCC), is a leading non-profit in NY, which has been caring for the community and serving the underserved population, in mental health, for over 40 years. This position will be based out of our Headquarters in Jamaica, Queens NY.
The ideal Human Resources Recruitment Intern is creative, detail-oriented, and a self- motivated individual. Candidate assumes responsibility and ownership of job duties and takes initiative. This is an excellent opportunity to gain practical experience in the HR field while working with an active, upbeat non-profit organization.
This internship is educational and practical. Candidates will learn how to apply skills acquired in school to a professional setting. Individuals will gain excellent understanding of the role that Human Resources plays in a non-profit organization.
The Human Resources Intern will directly assist the Talent Acquisition Manager with a wide range of projects related to recruiting, onboarding-orientation, branding, marketing and communications, filing and other HR related initiatives.
- Conduct full-cycle of recruitment; screen, evaluate, interview candidates through effective methods
- Assist with internal and external communications
- Draft job descriptions and post positions via internal and external job boards
- Maintain and expand talent pool
- Assist in new hire orientation process
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Strong writing, research skills, confidence and maturity to assume responsibility
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Creative with flyers, social media savvy and branding
- Accountable and dependable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Opportunity for growth
- Great company culture
- Innovation and development
New York Psychotherapy and Counseling Center is a fast paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with a passion for our mission. We offer a very competitive salary with full benefits including: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 403B Retirement Plan, Bonus, etc.
NYPCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Do you have any Human Resources Experience?
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
- College Credit
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday