The Climate Corporation
The Climate Corporation is modernizing the agriculture industry with digital tools that help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their crop yields. We are looking for a student who is passionate to pursue a career in security engineering. This student will join our product security engineering team to help enhance our security solutions. You will use your background and skills in security, software architecture, design, development, testing, and communication to help us deliver our groundbreaking Digital Agriculture platform.
The product security team is responsible for reviewing, recommending and enhancing security solutions across engineering disciplines. You will be involved with driving the integration of security controls into Climate’s applications and cloud services platform by applying your security and software engineering expertise while learning a variety of software and product security assessment techniques.
Contribute and collaborate with other Information Security team members across the broad spectrum of information security programs, such as Threat & Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Response, Governance, and Compliance.
What You Will Do:
- Act as a member of the Information Security management team to shape the direction of the program and prioritize work activities of the Security Engineering teams
- Automate security controls to reduce our attack surface, proactively seek out vulnerabilities, and decrease response and recovery times
- Optimize security tool deployments and help introduce scalable processes across IT and Security Engineering capabilities
- Collaborate with product, design, data analytics, and engineering to understand the requirements that leverage the next generation of industry-leading data analytics technologies
- Work with engineers to Motivate and provide tools so they can with confidence to create simple and secure solutions to complex problems.
- Oversee and guide the completion of security control deployments run by the Security Engineering team
- Discuss security topics with technical and non-technical people
- Enrolled in an accredited degree program in a technical or STEM-related field during the duration of the internship
- Knowledge of a programming or scripting language
- Knowledge of software engineering or server-side Internet technologies
- Interest or experience in security engineering and technical security program
- Internship or personal project experience solving real-life problems
- Intellectual drive to learn anything
- Great debugging and reasoning skills
- A desire to work on hard problems
What We Offer:
Our environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with a diverse set of top engineers, agronomists, and statisticians working together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
- We offer competitive pay and perks.
- We provide meals and a large assortment of snacks and drinks to get you through the day.
- You’ll get 1:1 mentoring from a talented and motivated employee on your team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on real projects with experienced employees and have a direct impact on the company. (Our internships are not summer camp!)
- You’ll have the amazing opportunity to participate in one of our Biotechnology Tours where you get out of the office and into the field (literally) with agents and farmers.
- You’ll work in an award winning office with smart designs, large common areas and open floor plans that fuel collaboration.
- You’ll attend various company sponsored events, activities and off-sites - we make sure interns are having fun!
- We regularly host meet-up groups and tech-talks and encourage participation in relevant workshops and conferences
- You’ll have the opportunity to interact with key executives and leadership.
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]